|Warranty Coverage||Warranty Type||Remarks|
||12||✓||✓||✓||✓||Exchange 6 months Tourist Warranty|
(In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.)
1. If you complete the product warranty registration within 30 days from the date of purchase1 of, or if you claim warranty for the product, then the warranty set out in these terms and conditions will apply.
2. If you purchase Canon EOS Digital SLR Camera, Mirrorless Camera (EOS R), Mirrorless Camera (EOS M), EF Lens, RF Lens or Digital Compact Camera from Canon Hong Kong or Macau authorized dealers, register product warranty and Canon Asia Traveller Protection Programme (ATPP) membership within 30 days from the date of purchase, then the warranty set out in these terms and conditions will apply. You may also enjoy ATPP repair services upon successful registration within 1 year from the date of purchase.
3. If you purchase a Canon product is those listed in Clause 6, except Mini Photo Printer and Presenter, a Purchase Record Card will be included. Any reference to Purchase Record Card in these Terms and Conditions of Warranty shall be excluded in case of Mini Photo Printer and Presenter. This warranty only applies to the product with the model number and serial number written on, the Purchase Record Card (the "Product") except Mini Photo Printer and Presenter.
4. Subject to Clause 1, the Purchase Record Card and your original invoice entitles you to warranty services set out in Clause 6 for the period from the date of purchase set out in the above table (the "Warranty Period").
5. The Purchase Record Card and the original invoice for the Product must be presented when making any claim under this warranty. In case of the Mini Photo Printer and Presenter, only the original invoice shall be presented in order to enjoy warranty services
6. Provisions for Specific Products
6.1. If the Product is a Canon Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera, Mirrorless Camera (EOS R), Mirrorless Camera (EOS M), Canon Lens, Canon Speedlite, Canon Digital Camcorder (Professional Camcorder), Canon Video Lens, or a Canon Compact Photo Printer (only for dye-sublimation base), then this warranty will only be valid if the Product was purchased in Hong Kong or Macau, in which case the applicable Warranty Period is 1 year from the date of purchase of the Product and the warranty services may be sought in Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China2.
6.2. If the Product is Canon Digital Compact Camera or Canon Digital Camcorder (Consumer Camcorder), then this warranty will only be valid if the Product was purchased in Hong Kong or Macau, in which case the applicable Warranty Period is 1 year from the date of purchase of the Product and the warranty services may be sought in Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China, and in addition, if the Product is located outside Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China in a territory in which CHK agrees to provide warranty services for that Product, you may elect to transfer this warranty for the warranty provided in that territory, in which case:
6.2.a. The applicable Warranty Period is 6 months from the date of purchase of the Product; and
6.2.b. You must return your Purchase Record Card to CHK for exchange whereupon CHK will notify you of the warranty provisions that apply in that territory.
6.3. If the Product is a Cinema EOS Camera, Multi Purpose Camera, EF Cinema Lens, Canon Battery Grip, Canon Wireless File Transmitter, Canon Binocular, Canon Scanner, Canon Inkjet Printer, Canon Laser Printer, Presenter, or Mini Photo Printer, then this warranty will only be valid if the Product was purchased in Hong Kong or Macau, in which case the applicable Warranty Period is 1 year from the date of purchase of the Product and the warranty services may only be sought in Hong Kong or Macau.
6.4. If the Product is a Canon Inkjet Printer or Canon Laser Printer with "On-site" service stated on the Purchase Record Card, then you may request CHK to provide the warranty services at the address in Hong Kong or Macau which you have notified CHK that the Product is located. Service hours for addresses in Hong Kong and Macau are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays). The warranty services of Canon Inkjet Printer and Laser Printer is one year and do not include any removal services, and warranty services will only be provided if the Product is in a safe and easily accessible location. Without prejudice to the foregoing, CHK reserves the right to charge such fee as it considers reasonable or appropriate for the provision of warranty services: (a) At your notified address if CHK considers that your notified address is in a remote area or an outlying island in Hong Kong; (b) If the Product is not easily accessible by CHK representatives without the use of tools or equipment.
6.5. If the Product is a Canon Inkjet Printer or Laser Printer with “Free On-site Pickup and Delivery Service” stated on the Purchase record card, you may request for free pick-up and delivery for the repair service,within the Warranty Period. Please contact our Customer Service Hotline to arrange. For printers out of Warranty Period, an inspection fee will be collected during the pick-up. The inspection fee includes round trip delivery charge, and will be deducted from the repair service charge. Any outstanding balance of the repair service charge will be settled upon delivery. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, CHK reserves its right to charge for repair service at any reasonable and appropriate time to be decided by CHK.
7. During the Warranty Period and provided that the Product was used under normal conditions, you will be entitled to the repair service of the Product and replacement of parts (the “Repair Work”) free of charge arising from defects in the materials and workmanship of the Product (fair wear and tear excepted), save as the following circumstances in which CHK shall exercise its sole and absolute discretion to determine and CHK’s decision shall be final, whether to charge a service fee for the Repair Works or not to carry out the Repair Work:
7.1. Where valid Purchase Record Card and related invoice are not presented (save and except where it can be proved that the free Warranty Period has not expired);
7.2. Where damage was caused by a Product which is altered from the Product structure or specification as stated in the package and user manual;
7.3. Where damage was caused by the use of parts / accessories not produced by Canon;
7.4. Where the Product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with the user manual (damage caused by using the Product not within the controlled environment including but not limited to expiry of specificated rating, abnormal changes or inappropriate voltage, current, electromagnetic and public circuit etc.);
7.5. Where damage was caused by accidental damage (including but not limited to shock, impact, dropping, water damage or sand damage);
7.6. Where damage was caused by repair, transformation, decomposition, or cleaning carried out by an agent not authorized by CHK or by the customer himself / herself;
7.7. Where the date of sale, product model, product serial number, name of the dealer, has not been recorded on the Purchase Record Card or has been altered; or where the Purchase Record Card does not bear the chop of the dealer3;
7.8. Where the model or serial number of the Product recorded on the Purchase Record Card is different from that recorded on the Product;
7.9. Where non-Canon consumables (ink cartridges, maintenance cartridges, print heads, toner cartridges, drum cartridges and lamps) were used on the Product (whether or not damage was caused by such use);
7.10. Where damage was caused by using pirated software;
7.11. Where damage was caused by virus infection during usage;
7.12. Where damage was caused by force majeure;
7.13. The damage is caused by your negligence and misuse of the Product or incurred during transportation of the Product not carried out by CHK;
7.14. The Product is not supplied by CHK or its authorized dealers;
7.15. The productions of the Product, its accessories and spare parts have been discontinued.
8. This warranty does not cover accessories of this Product or consumables. This warranty does not cover the followings:
8.1. All consumables, accessories and optional items such as, but not limited to toner cartridges, drum cartridges, ink cartridges, maintenance cartridges, print heads, connection cables, battery, charger, bulb / lamp, memory card, external casing and battery cover. (CHK reserves the right to amend the list of consumables, accessories and optional items without prior notice);
8.2. Software, firmware, driver compact disc, user manual and the related installation;
8.3. Dead pixels on display panels that below the limits on Canon specifications;
8.4. Replacement of image sensor (except defects arising from production);
8.5. Product and image sensor cleaning; and
8.6. LCD protector affixed to the Product.
9. This warranty shall be automatically cancelled if the Product or any part(s) thereof are modified, tampered with, altered, converted or repaired in anyway by anybody other than the staff or authorized service providers of CHK. CHK’s decision to cancel this warranty shall be final.
10. Canon may reset the Product’s settings to factory default setting in the course of inspection/repair/parts replacement without prior notice to you. Any replaced damaged/defective parts shall be Canon’s property and non-returnable.
11. If the Product is unable to repair or the model has been discontinued or is otherwise unavailable, Canon may at its sole and absolute discretion to replace the Product by similar model.
12.1. Notwithstanding anything herein contained, CHK shall not be liable to the user or any third party whatsoever for any damage, loss, liability (save and except for any personal injuries or death) or failure to provide maintenance services under this warranty in respect of any act, omission or negligence of any technician, employee or independent contractor of CHK relating to the performance or purported performance of any obligations under this warranty.
12.2. You shall bear the risk and be responsible for all damage, injury or loss (including consequential loss, loss of profit, injury or damage) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the service, delivery, or use of the Product.
12.3. The maximum liability of CHK under this warranty shall be restricted to the replacement value of the Product.
13. This warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the Product. CHK shall be entitled to transfer or assign all its rights and obligations under the warranty to any company in Hong Kong which is associated with CHK.
14. Unless the warranty services for the Product include on-site repair or Free On-site Pickup and Delivery Service under Clause 6, the warranty services under this warranty will only be performed if the Product is picked up / delivered to our designated service centers. Additional charges may apply for on-site repair or Free On-site Pickup and Delivery Service in remote area. Please click here for details.
15. CHK shall not be responsible or liable for any insurance coverage in relation to the Product.
16. The terms and conditions of the warranty for Products purchased in Hong Kong and Macau are renewable upon expiration subject to payment of a fee determined by CHK (including the free basic product warranty or those products that are eligible for additional warranty under specific terms and conditions). Please click here to apply CANON PLUS Extended Warranty Service. The terms and conditions of any warranty are subject to change by CHK without prior notice.
17. CHK reserves the right to amend or cancel any of the above terms and conditions of Warranty without prior notice.
18. CHK reserves the right to terminate the warranty in the event of any uncertainty or doubt as to the applicability of these terms and conditions.
19. In case of any dispute, CHK reserves the right to make the final decision.
20. This warranty shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Anyone who is not the owner of the Product, shall not have any right to enforce any Terms and Conditions of Warranty.
For enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Hotline at 3191 2333.
In case of any disputes, CHK reserves its rights of final decision.
1 According to the date of purchase as stated in the original invoice or receipt issued by the authorized dealers. The end date of the Warranty Period is also calculated from this date of purchase.
2 For updated Canon service network in Mainland China, please either visit http://www.canon.com.cn or call (86) 4006 222 666.
3 To protect your legal rights, please check the Purchase Record Card carefully to see if the contents are accurate.
2-year Supreme Protection Plan had been suspended with effect from 1st August 2016. If you have purchased a specific product before 1st August 2016, and the said product is a Canon Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera or a Canon Digital Camcorder which is under Canon’s 2-year Supreme Protection Plan (the “Supreme Protection Plan”) as stated on the Purchase Record Card , please ensure that you complete the warranty registration within 30 days after the date of purchase (i.e. no later than 31st August 2016) for the product to enjoy the 2-year Supreme Protection Plan services. Any specific product purchased with warranty registration successfully completed before 1st August 2016 will not be affected.