Canon Professional Services ("CPS") Scheme is operated by Canon Hongkong Company Limited ("Canon"). CPS Scheme will be subject to the below terms and conditions ("CPS Terms and Conditions").
1.1 You must be a full time professional photographer or videographer either employed by a professional imaging business or self-employed.
1.2 You must be a Hong Kong or Macau resident who works in such geographic area.
1.3 There are three levels of CPS membership, namely CPS Silver, CPS Gold and CPS Platinum. You must own and register on your Club Canon account the minimum required Canon equipment and pay the annual membership fee depending on the membership level as mentioned in Appendix 1. Provided that you satisfy these criteria, you can choose among any eligible membership level.
1.4 You have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these CPS Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions of Use of Club Canon Website and Club Canon Scheme.
1.5 Canon may, at its sole discretion, decide whether or not to accept your application for CPS membership without giving any reason.
2.1 To register as CPS member, you must apply by completing the CPS application form ("Application Form") that can be downloaded from http://www.canon.com.hk/public/dl_forms/CPS_application_Form_2020.pdf. You can mail or submit in person the completed Application Form and all required documents as stipulated in the Application Form to the below address:
Canon Hongkong Co., Limited, 5/F, Tower A, China Life Center, 18 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Please state on the envelope "Application for CPS membership")
2.2 If the CPS membership level requires membership fee, you can mail a crossed cheque issued in Hong Kong Dollars payable to "Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd" or pay by credit card online or in person to the above address.
2.3 If Canon approves your application for CPS membership, you will be given a temporary account where you are required to merge the temporary account with your existing Club Canon account in order to create a Club Canon Privilege Member (CPS) Account ("CPS Account"). Canon will send you a confirmation email after the CPS Account has been successfully created. Your CPS membership will not be valid if you do not create the CPS Account.
2.4 Upon successful application, Canon will send you the CPS membership card ("CPS Card").
3.1 The CPS Card will at all times remain the sole and absolute property of Canon. You agree that you will:
i. keep the CPS Card safe and secure at all times and ensure that the CPS Card is in your possession or power;
ii. promptly report any loss or theft of the CPS Card to Canon; and
iii. return the CPS Card to Canon immediately upon termination of your CPS membership. Canon reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the replacement of your CPS Card.
4.1 If you have successfully applied for CPS membership, the membership will commence from the date of issuance of your CPS Card and will continue for a term depending on the membership level as mentioned in Appendix 1.
4.2 If you desire to upgrade your existing membership level, you will have to reapply for such upgraded level and pay the full amount of the upgraded membership fee. Any paid membership fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
4.3 Your CPS membership will be renewed if you submit to Canon the Application Form, required documents and membership fee (if applicable) before the expiry date of your current CPS membership and Canon can accept or reject your renewal application at its sole and absolute discretion without giving any reason.
4.4 Canon may change the annual membership fee at anytime. But you will be notified and allowed to choose whether to renew your CPS membership.
4.5 Canon reserves the sole and absolute right to terminate your CPS membership at any time and with immediate effect by giving you written notice of termination without any liability or compensation to you under law or otherwise including without limitation any monetary or non-monetary compensation, damages or any type of relief if you:
i. commit a breach of these CPS Terms and Conditions or any other terms, conditions or rules which Canon shall amend or announce from time to time;
ii. provide untrue or incomplete personal information; or
iii. are considered by Canon to be suitable to be terminated under reasonable circumstances.
5.1 The benefits provided to you in respect of your CPS membership will be changed from time to time and will at all times be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Canon. You agree and acknowledge that you shall not have any right or remedy against Canon in the event Canon, for whatever reason, is unable to provide you with any particular type of benefits at any point of time. Without limiting the foregoing, the current policy of Canon is that CPS membership will provide you, depending on the membership level, with benefits as listed in Appendix 1.
5.2 Only Listed Products will qualify for benefits of promotional offers for servicing and back up loan. "Listed Products" are any CPS Professional Equipments (as listed on https://hk.canon/en/campaign/cp/cps/ purchased by you that list under "My Gear" in your CPS Account by request. You can make such request either by update to "My Gear" under your CPS Account or email to Canon at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Canon's customer service centre in Hong Kong. Canon will at its sole and absolute discretion to consider your request and reserve the right to require you to provide additional information.
5.3 You will receive invitation to event or workshop and promotional offer for equipment or servicing only if you give consent to receive direct marketing and promotional information. Enrollment of any promotions and events will be considered separately and will be subject to their terms and conditions.
5.4 If you borrow, rent or loan any equipment under CPS Scheme, you shall agree to:
i. the terms and conditions on the Loan Form or Hire of Equipment Agreement;
ii. that the selection of the suitable equipment shall be subject to its availability;
iii. make prior payment of any deposit or rental fee as Canon considers appropriate;
iv. your undertaking to return the equipment to Canon at its customer service centre within the loan period specified; and
v. Canon's rights to apply the amount of any deposit paid by you to Canon towards Canon's estimated cost of repair, cost of replacement of the equipment or rental fee(in Canon's sole determination) in the event of any damage, loss or theft of the equipment or your failure to return the equipment within the loan period specified.
6.1 The collection of personal data provided by you will be used by Canon for the purposes of:
i. maintaining Canon's records relating to you, the Listed products and the CPS Scheme;
ii. facilitating Canon to provide you with benefits under the CPS Scheme;
iii. sending you information relevant to any Listed Products and other Canon or Canon partner's advertising and promotional materials or event;
iv. determining or recovering the amounts outstanding from you to Canon (if any); and/or
v. any purposes relating thereto.
6.2 Any change in your personal information must be promptly notified by you to Canon by updating your CPS account.
7. The benefits available to you under the CPS Scheme:
i. are personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred by you without the prior written consent of Canon;
ii. will only be provided upon the production to Canon's representatives of the CPS Card and/or such other personal identification as Canon may at its sole discretion require, and will only be provided to the individual identified by the relevant CPS Card or personal identification document so produced; and
iii. will only apply to the CPS Professional Products as listed on the Canon's website which Canon may from time to time amend, vary, add, delete or change, at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice to you.
8. To the furthest extent permitted by applicable laws, Canon shall not be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise for loss (including without limitation loss of profits, business opportunities, earnings, reputation, goodwill or work), injury or damage sustained by you or your servants, agents, customers, officers, employees or representative resulting from or in connection with the CPS Scheme or the use of any benefits, services, supports or products offered by Canon under the CPS Scheme or as a result of Canon being unable or failing to provide or offer any benefit, service, support or product under the CPS Scheme on time or at all. In the event that Canon shall be liable to you under this CPS Scheme, Canon's liability shall be limited to one thousand Hong Kong Dollars (HK$1,000), or the minimum liability as required by local laws, or the amount of any membership or subscription fees which you have paid Canon for subscribing to the CPS Scheme for the particular membership term during which the relevant liability arises, whichever is the lower.
9. You irrevocably agree to fully indemnify Canon and shall hold Canon harmless at all times against all claims, proceedings, demands, actions, damages, losses and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and disbursements) made against or incurred or suffered by Canon by reason of any loss, injury or damage to any person or to any property arising directly or indirectly from the use or unable to use by you or your servants, agents, representatives, employees or any third party of any benefits, services, supports or products under or in relation to the CPS Scheme unless the claim is made against Canon as a result of the negligence of Canon or its employees or servants.
10. Canon shall be entitled to transfer or assign all its rights and obligations under the CPS Scheme to any company in other region(s) which is associated with Canon.
11. These CPS Terms and Conditions shall be amended from time to time at Canon's sole discretion. The prevailing CPS Terms and Conditions can be accessed by you at any time at (https://hk.canon/en/campaign/cp/cps/terms). You acknowledge and agree that the obligation falls upon you to check and revisit from time to time to familiarize yourself with the prevailing CPS Terms and Conditions and that unfamiliarity shall not be a valid defence, justification or reason in the event of any dispute or disagreement between you and Canon over any of these terms and conditions.
12. Canon reserves the right to interpret these CPS Terms and Conditions. In case of any dispute, Canon reserves the right of final decision.
13. Any failure or delay by Canon to exercise or enforce any right under these CPS Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right nor operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of it at any time or times thereafter.
14. The provisions contained in each clause of these CPS Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of these CPS Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these CPS Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
15. These CPS Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts in connection with any disputes arising from or in connection with these CPS Terms and Conditions.
16. These CPS Terms and Conditions are prepared in English and the Chinese translation is provided for reference only. In case for any inconsistency or ambiguity, the English version shall prevail.
|Membership Type||CPS Silver||CPS Gold||CPS Platinum|
|Equipment Requirment||At least 1 x Canon Professional DSLR2 and 2 L Lens;or At least 1 x Canon Professional Digital Camcorder||At least 2 x Canon Professional DSLR and 3 L Lens; orAt least 1 x Cinema EOS product and 3 L Lens; orAt least 2 x XF-series Professional Camcorder||At least 1 x EOS-1D Series DSLR, 1 x Canon Professional DSLR and 4 x L Lens; orAt least 1 x Cinema EOS Product and 4 x L Lens|
|Term of membership||2 years||1 year||1 year|
|Annual Membership Fee||Free of charge||HKD$1,200/Year||HKD$2,400/Year|
|CPS Exclusive Social Networking Service||✓||✓||✓|
|Product Purchase Discount||✓||✓(Priority)||✓(Priority)|
|Equipment Trial Loans||-||2 x Premium Equipment Trial e-Coupons/Year & 2 x Standard Equipment Trial e-Coupons/Year]||4 x Premium Equipment Trial e-Coupons/Year & 4 x Standard Equipment Trial e-Coupons/Year (Priority)|
|CPS Equipment Rental discount||20% Off||25% Off||30% Off|
|Studio Rental discount||30% Off||35% Off||40% Off|
|CPS Express Service Counter||✓||✓||✓|
|Back Up Loan||✓||✓(Priority)||✓(Priority)|
|Free Equipment Maintenance Service||-||
5 x Free Equipment Maintenance e-Coupons/ Year
|10 Free Equipment Maintenance e-Coupons/ Year|
|Repair Discount||25% Off||25% Off||25% Off|
|Repair Shipping||Free Return Shipping||Free Return Shipping||Free Return Shipping|
 Equipment must be officially imported by Canon Hongkong Company Limited. Parallel import is not applicable.
 Canon Professional Digital SLR Camera includes EOS-1D series, 5D series, 6D and 7D series; Film SLR Cameras include EOS-1 series and EOS 3.
 Canon Professional Digital Camcorder includes Cinema EOS-series, XF-series, XL-Series, XH-series and XA-series.
 Each Premium equipment trial e-Coupon is entitled to a 7-day trial of one of the following Canon equipment: Cinema EOS cameras, EF Cinema Lenses and equipments that are covered by Standard equipment trial e-Coupon. Each Standard equipment trial e-Coupon is entitled to a 7-day trial of one of the following Canon equipment: EOS digital cameras, EF Lenses, XF-series and XA-series Professional Digital Camcorders and Binoculars. Terms and Conditions apply.
 Applicable to EOS digital cameras, EF lenses and Cinema EOS digital camcorders registered under CPS Member’s Club Canon account only. One Equipment Maintenance e-Coupon is required for each cleaning of EOS digital camera’s CMOS sensor or each Inspection and General Cleaning of EF Lens (lens exterior and lens surface cleaning only); three Equipment Maintenance e-Coupons are required for each cleaning of Cinema EOS digital camcorder’s CMOS sensor. Terms and conditions apply.
Last Update: 1st October 2020