- We will endeavour to make sure our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data (as defined in the Ordinance) supplied by you comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, the laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”).
- You may be requested by us to give information (including but not limited to your personal particulars, operating system, browser version, domain name, IP address and details of your website) on a voluntary basis when you apply to us and continue to subscribe with us for an account, our services and/or products. You shall consult your parent or guardian before giving us your personal data if you are under the age of eighteen. If we find out that you are under the age of eighteen and we have not received consent from your parent or guardian in giving us your personal data, we will take steps to delete your personal data.
- You have the right to refuse providing your personal data to us. However, certain functions and/or services may not be available to you if such personal data is not supplied, incomplete, incorrect, or misleading.
- Personal data supplied by you may be used for any of the following purposes and/or for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us and/or as required by law:
- registering, operating or maintaining your account with us;
- purchasing goods and/or subscribing for services rendered by us;
- facilitating and following up your transactions with us, including but not limited to processing of any payment instructions, and your enquiries to us;
- marketing of our goods and/or services and/or upcoming events;
- conducting data analysis and research to improve our products, services, advertising and customer communications;
- enabling us to comply with our obligations, to communicate with you or to comply with industry practices; and/or
- serving any purposes relating to any of the foregoing.
- We will not store any personal details related to your bank or credit or debit card details used when purchasing goods and services through Canon services. Payments for purchases will be completed through third-party payment platforms. Your banking details will not be shared with Canon.
- We promise to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures for ensuring that only personal data which are necessary for each specific purpose of the processing are processed. We shall implement data protection impact assessment which include:
- Consideration of how personal data will be processed and for what purposes;
- Assessment of whether the proposed processing of personal data is both necessary and proportionate to the purpose(s);
- Assessment of the risks to individuals in processing the personal data;
- Use of techniques such as data minimization and pseudonymisation will be considered where applicable and appropriate.
- We will not release personal data supplied by you to third parties except in accordance with the Ordinance or in the event such release is requested by:
- governmental and/or regulatory and/or statutory authorities and/or court orders in compliance with applicable laws; or
- third party service providers which provide support services to us; who (i) are under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, hold, process, retain and/or transfer of personal data supplied by you; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such personal data; or
- third party buyers or assignees in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale of us.
- We may use your personal data (such as your contact details, age group and birthday month, if provided) in our direct marketing activities, including but not limited to providing promotional information and offers of our consumer imaging & information and/or business service and solution and production printing products and services, membership newsletters, activities and other related notifications from Canon to you. We will not use your personal data for direct marketing activities unless we have obtained your consent.
Personal data supplied by you will not be provided to third parties (other than those mentioned in Clause 8) for direct marketing activities of products or services by such third parties unless we have obtained your prior written consent and such data transfer shall be in accordance with the requirements set out under the Ordinance.
- If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting our Personal Data Officer (please refer to Clause 17 below for details).
- You have the right at any time to require us for the rectification, erasure, restrict processing or portability of your personal data or withdraw consent (if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent).
- Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your personal data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and by providing your personal data you are transmitting information at your own risk.
- Cookies are small bits of data automatically stored in the hard drive of the end user, which can save the user from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track preferences in relation to the subject of such website. If you enable these cookies, then your web browser adds the text in a small file. You may wish to set your web browser to notify you of a cookie placement request or refuse to accept cookies by modifying relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions on this Website.
This Website uses the following cookies:
|remember user logon ID
If you select the Remember My Login option when logging on to this Website, the cookie remembers that you have selected this box.
Google, Inc. (“Google”)
Google AdWords Conversion Pixel
Google Tag Manager
Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”)
Facebook Conversion Pixel
Facebook Remarketing Pixel
- We may have third party merchants or service providers hosted in this Website which are operated by third party merchants or service providers. If you want to use, order or receive any services and/or products from any of them, you may refer to such merchants’ or service providers’ privacy policies and practices and shall take the risk that your personal data, once provided to any of such merchants or service providers, will be beyond our control and thus outside the scope of protection afforded by us.
- You have the right to complain with supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal data.
- If you have any requests for access to your personal data or for the correction of your personal data, or if you would like any further information regarding our policies and practices, please address your enquiries to: -
The Personal Data Officer
Canon Hongkong Company Limited
5/F., Tower A, China Life Center,
18 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of breach
In case of personal data breach, we shall notify the breach to relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours.
For Club Canon Member
If you do not wish to receive any of our promotional information in the future, please login to your member profile to unsubscribe by choosing the “No” checkbox under “Configuration”.