Club Canon Scheme
Club Canon is operated by Canon Hongkong Company Limited (CHK). Any reference to “Club Canon” or “us” or “CHK” shall mean Canon Hongkong Company Limited.
Type of membership
- Personal Member: for individuals or home users.
- Company Member: for corporate customers to register products or those who have signed TG contracts with CHK and have been approved to use TG online services (TG members) or for individuals to perform activities on behalf of the corporate customer.
Level of membership
- Club Member: any individual who has or has not purchased CHK’s products; and
- Privilege Member: any individual who has purchased CHK’s product(s) (including official product(s) and product(s) with Purchase Record Card only) through CHK or its authorized dealers and has completed the warranty and/or product registration online.
Eligibility for membership
- You may apply for Club Canon membership if you are over 18 years of age.
- Each member is only entitled to one Club Canon membership.
- Membership is offered at the sole and absolute discretion of CHK and CHK may refuse offering membership to any applicant without giving the reason thereof.
- Each Member is required to confirm his/her/its own set of user name and password.
- All members have to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Use as set out in the Club Canon website.
- CHK reserves the right to terminate without prior notice any membership and/or suspend the right to use any loyalty point at its sole and absolute discretion.
Method of application
To register for membership, you must apply online through http://www.canon.com.hk and provide all personal particulars as required.
- Loyalty Point System was launched on 1 October 2010.
You may earn loyalty points by taking specified actions or registering your CHK product or warranty online, and by ways as set out below:- http://www.canon.com.hk/en/club/about/earn_rewards.jspx .
- Any attempt to register in place of an existing registration of a CHK product will be disallowed unless a change of ownership of the CHK product is proved with supporting evidence to the satisfaction of CHK.
- Registration of CHK product or warranty is restricted to current owner of CHK product only. For the sole purpose of avoiding duplication of registration, proof of ownership may be required at CHK’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event of dispute, CHK reserves its right to disallow the entitlement to loyalty points in respect of a particular product which is the subject of the dispute.
- You acknowledge that Club Canon has the sole and absolute discretion in deciding whether you are entitled to loyalty points.
- Each member may earn a maximum of 1,000,000 loyalty points every year.
- You are required to complete online product warranty registration within 1 year from the date of purchase of the product in order to earn the loyalty points.
- You are entitled to earn designated loyalty points once for every registration of designated CHK Product. If the designated CHK Products are of the same model, you are entitled to earn loyalty points for a maximum of five products through online product warranty registration. The loyalty points will be credited to your Club Canon account within 3 working days after completion of online product warranty registration.
- You are required to contact CHK customer service hotline at 31912333 within the working hours and send the scanned copies of the invoice issued by Canon or Canon’s authorized dealers and purchase record card to the designated email address by email in order to earn the loyalty points for the 6th product and thereafter of the same model. The loyalty points will be credited to your account within 14 working days from the date of CHK’s verification of the invoice and purchase record card submitted by you.
- The loyalty points gained are valid for approximately 1 year from the date when the loyalty points are credited to your Club Canon account. For example, if the loyalty points are credited to your Club Canon account on 27 December 2017, the loyalty points will expire on 31 December 2018, the last day of the month in which the loyalty points will become expired. Any unused loyalty points shall be forfeited automatically after the end of the aforementioned approximate 1-year period. New loyalty points gained will be bounded to another 1-year period as calculated aforementioned.
- Members are responsible for checking and paying attention to the validity of the their own loyalty points; CHK is not responsible for giving notice in advance to members as to when will the validity of the loyalty points expire or that the validity of loyalty points has expired. members can login to their accounts to check the loyalty point status
- In the event you return the CHK’s products that you have purchased and obtain a refund therefrom, your loyalty points in respect of the returned products will be cancelled automatically.
- Any loyalty point that is obtained by improper means shall be forfeited at the sole and absolute discretion of Club Canon.
- Upon the death of a member, the accumulated loyalty points that are unused will be cancelled.
- All loyalty points are not transferrable.
- Each member should retain the original of the invoice and Purchase Record Card of any registered product for future verification by Club Canon. If the proof of purchase cannot be produced upon the request by Club Canon, CHK reserves the rights to cancel any loyalty point so earned and to recover the equivalent value of any promotional item which has already been redeemed.
- CHK has sole and absolute discretion to terminate your membership or suspend your right to use any loyalty points without giving the reason thereof. The reasons which cause the termination of your membership include but are not limited to suspected illegal or dishonest activities or breach of Terms and Conditions of Club Canon, including but not limited to registration of CHK product for the purpose of obtaining loyalty points without having the current ownership of the CHK product.
- CHK reserves the rights to determine the validity of loyalty points and make relevant adjustments thereof at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
- CHK reserves the right to transfer or cancel the loyalty points in the event of transfer of ownership of CHK’s products.
Redemption of loyalty points
- The loyalty points can be used to redeem promotional items or in joint promotion events.
- Each member can only redeem the promotional item of the same kind up to the respective redemption limit of such item. CHK may at its sole and absolute discretion set and/or change the redemption limit without prior notice.
- Redemption of the promotional items is at the sole and absolute discretion of CHK subject to the availability of the promotional items. Please click into the following link to see what promotional items are available: https://store.canon.com.hk/osp/activities-premium/collectable-premium
- CHK reserves the right to substitute any promotional item with another having the same value.
- Every member is required to bring along the valid redemption letter and show his or her identity card or other proof of identity for the purpose of verification at the time of redeeming the promotional items. A valid redemption letter shall be provided with a copy of the member’s identity card or other proof of identity for the purpose of verification upon authorized pickup of promotional items by a third party.
Posting of photos on Club Canon website
- The provisions in the Terms and Conditions of Use of Club Canon Website are incorporated herein by reference.
- The photos to be posted on Club Canon’s website have to be taken by members using Canon cameras. For the avoidance of doubt, the photos to be posted on Club Canon’s website must be taken by that particular Club Canon member who intends to post the photos.
- You are required to declare that you have acknowledged, read, understood and accepted to strictly comply with and be governed by the Terms and Conditions of Use of Club Canon Website and the Club Canon Scheme before they can be submitted on Club Canon’s website for its review and approval.
- After you have submitted your photos on Club Canon’s website, Club Canon shall review and approve whether the photos are appropriate to be uploaded and displayed on Club Canon’s website. Club Canon reserves its right to refuse any photos to be uploaded on Club Canon’s website without giving any reasons thereof.
- By submitting the photos on Club Canon’s website, you have at the same time agreed and given consent to CHK to publish the photos so submitted in any of its publications including but not limited to the monthly e-newsletter or other Club Canon or CHK’s official websites or webpages (including but not limited to the official group(s), page(s), wall(s) or application(s) in social-networking websites/platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.) without prior notice.
- CHK is only responsible for managing its own official websites or webpages (including but not limited to the official group(s), page(s), wall(s) or application(s) in social-networking websites/platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.); CHK shall not be responsible for any unauthorized display of photos, which you have already posted on the Club Canon’s website, on any of the unofficial websites or webpages relating to CHK.
- CHK shall not be held responsible and you have waived the claims, if any, against CHK for any alteration of photos that you have posted on Club Canon’s website (e.g. in size, resolution, colours, etc) in any of the CHK’s publications.
- You may post a maximum number of 10 photos in each personal album created with Club Canon. If there are already 10 photos in the album, you have to delete some of the photos before new photos can be posted in the same album.
- Club Canon reserves the right to remove any photos that you have posted without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion. Any photos posted by you may also be removed upon receiving your request in writing.
Submission of questions in ProAdvice
- All questions posted on Club Canon shall relate to photography, videography, photo editing, photo printing.
- Club Canon has the sole and absolute discretion to answer the questions of its choice.
In the event of any dispute, CHK has the final interpretation of the Terms and Conditions as set out in Club Canon’s website.