Terms and Conditions of Canon “VLOG Accessories Redemption” Promotion (July 2022)
- Canon Hongkong Company Limited (“Canon”) is the organizer of Canon “VLOG Accessories Redemption” (“Activity”).
- Promotion Period of the Activity is from 1 July 2022 to 30 September 2022 (both dates are inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
- Redemption Period of the Activity is from 1 July 2022 to 31 October 2022 (both dates are inclusive) (the “Redemption Period”).
- Upon choosing to participate in the Activity, the participants shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”).
- To be eligible for the Activity, participants must purchase the designated Canon product(s) or product combination as specified in Clause 6 (“Canon Selected Products”) at Canon Online Store, Canon Image Square or designated shop of any one of the Canon’s Selected Authorized Dealers* (collectively, referred to as “Canon Sales Location”) during the Promotion Period.
- Canon Selected Products are:
||EOS M50 Mark II Body (Black) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM & EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit Set
||Collectively, referred to as “EOS M50 Mark II series”
||EOS M50 Mark II Body (Black / White) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit Set
||EOS M50 Mark II Body (Black / White)
||PowerShot G7 X Mark III (Black / Silver)
||Collectively, referred to as “G7 X Mark III”
*Canon’s selected authorized dealers (“Selected Authorized Dealers”) are:
Broadway / Chung Yuen / CMK / Fortress / Hong Kong Suning / Man Shing Photo Supplies Co. Ltd. / Mirama Camera & Hi-Fi / shop@dcfever / Tin Cheung / Wing Shing Photo Supplies Co. Ltd. (listed in alphabetical order)
Fortress / Foto Maxim's / Foto Nice / New Yaohan (listed in alphabetical order)
II. Redemption Details
- Eligible participants who have purchased the Canon Selected Products at Canon Sales Location during the Promotion Period will be entitled to choose to redeem one of the following redemption items (“Redemption Item”) at the corresponding special price:
||Suggested Retail Price
||Tripod Grip HG-100TBR
||Stereo Microphone DM-E100
||Tripod Grip HG-100TBR + Stereo Microphone DM-E100
- Redemption Arrangement:
||Redemption Arrangement and Procedures
|(1) Canon Online Store
- Please login your Club Canon account before purchase.
- Please select the Redemption Item together with the Canon Selected Products in order to enjoy the special price. If you fail to select the Redemption Item at the time of purchasing the Canon Selected Products, you will not be able to redeem the Redemption Item.
- When you choose to use this method to redeem the Redemption Item at special price, you are deemed to have agreed that Canon will use your Club Canon account information to complete the product registration for your Canon Selected Products on your behalf. Canon will automatically register the product warranty for you to the Club Canon account you use to purchase the Canon Selected Products within thirty (30) days after delivery.
|(2) Canon Image Square & Selected Authorized Dealers
- After purchasing Canon Selected Products, please complete the online product registration within fourteen (14) days after purchase.
- After completing the product registration, Canon will notify eligible participants the redemption method via email within seven (7) working days. Eligible participants will need to redeem the Redemption Item at a specified time during the Redemption Period. For redemption details, please follow the instructions in the email.
- As specified in Clause 6, one camera body with lens kit set will be counted as one Canon Selected Product.
- One Canon Selected Product will only entitle a participant to redeem one Redemption Item for each series of Canon Selected Products and once in the Activity.
- Each registered Club Canon Account email and mobile phone number will only entitle a participant to redeem the Redemption Item for each series of Canon Selected Products once in this Activity notwithstanding the number of purchases.
- The offer of the Redemption Item is only available to the eligible participants and cannot be transferred to others. Canon will verify the account name and identity at time of redemption.
- Canon reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify or exclude any participant from the Activity and/or redeeming the Redemption Items and/or to demand the return of any Redemption Items to Canon without prior notice if the participant:
i. commits a breach of these Terms and Conditions;
ii. provides untrue or invalid personal information;
iii. provides inconsistent personal information at the time of enrollment and redemption;
iv. is found to be participating in the Activity and/or redeeming the Redemption Items in any illegal or dishonest manner; or
v. is reasonably considered by Canon to be suitable to be disqualified or excluded.
IV. Personal Data
- Participants acknowledge and agree to the collection of their personal data by Canon during the course of and for the Activity. Participants also agree and authorize Canon to use their personal data so collected for the purposes of the Activity, including making contact, record or all relevant purposes.
- The personal data provided by participants and collected by Canon will be used by Canon for one or more of the following purposes:
i. For notifying participants of Activity’s arrangement and verifying participants’ identity;
ii. For creation, processing and maintenance of participants’ enrollment record for the administration and monitoring of the Activity;
iii. For statistical and analytical purposes; and
iv. Any other legitimate purposes as may be required, authorized by law.
- The personal data provided by participants are mainly for use within Canon but the information may also be disclosed by Canon to other third parties for the purposes stated above, if required.
- Participants have the right to request access to and correction of participants’ personal data under sections 18 and 22 and principle 6, schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). Canon may impose a fee for complying with a data access request.
- Enquiries concerning the personal data provided, including the request for access and correction, should be addressed to:
Personal Data Officer
Canon Hongkong Company Limited
5/F, Tower A, China Life Center, 18 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon
- Redemption of the Redemption Items is final and Redemption Items are not transferrable or exchangeable for cash and/or any other goods. No requests for exchange for other Redemption Items will be accepted.
- All Redemption Items are available on a first come, first served basis while stock lasts.
- Offer in this Activity cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, discount and/or activity.
- If due to any reason, including but not limited to shortage of Redemption Items or discontinuance or delay in the production of Redemption Items, Canon is unable to distribute the Redemption Items in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, Canon reserves the right to, at its sole and absolute discretion, postpone the distribution of the Redemption Items or substitute any Redemption Items with any other item of similar value, without any prior notice. Participants are not entitled to select the style or color of the Redemption Items.
- Canon is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any problems, technical malfunction or security loophole of any communication network, computer hardware or software or internet system; or due to any mistake made or actions by the participants during the Activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions, all time is based on the time of receipt of information submitted at the Canon server. Late registration will not be accepted.
- Canon shall not be liable to participants for any loss, damage, cost and expense directly or indirectly suffered by participants (including but not limited to, loss of profit, loss of saving, loss of goodwill, loss of revenue or loss of contract incurred by participants, whether anticipated or actual, or any special indirect or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever) or any action, claim and proceeding taken against participants by any third party or parties in connection with, incidental to and consequential upon the performance of Canon and/or its employees and/or its independent contractors and/or its collaborating partners in relation to the Activity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, to the extent permitted by law, Canon’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any direct loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the Activity shall be limited to HK$100.
- Any failure or delay by Canon to exercise or enforce any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right nor operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of it at any time or times thereafter.
- The provisions contained in each clause of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
- Canon reserves the right to amend, delete, supplement and interpret these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- In case of any dispute, Canon reserves the right of final decision.
- Canon shall have the sole and absolute right towards the Activity, including the right to cancel, postpone or change any details of the Activity without prior notice to any parties.
- A person who is not a participant in the Activity shall have no right at law to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). Participants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts in connection with any disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are prepared in English and the Chinese translation is provided for reference only. In case of any inconsistency or ambiguity, the English version shall prevail.