Canon Creator Services ("CCS") Scheme is operated by Canon Hongkong Company Limited ("Canon"). CCS Scheme will be subject to the below terms and conditions ("CCS Terms and Conditions").
1.1 You are active on YouTube, Instagram or Facebook and have at least 5,000 subscribers or followers in any one of the platforms and have published the followings in the past 12 months:
i. No less than 10 original videos ; or
ii. No less than 50 original still images. The content of the still images can be original photographs or original artworks, craftsmanship, drawings or other creative works. Canon may, at its sole discretion, decide whether or not the content of the still images meet the requirement without giving any reason.
1.2 You must be a Hong Kong or Macau resident who works in such geographic area.
1.3 你You must own a Club Canon membership account for CCS application and satisfy the membership criteria as mentioned in Appendix 1. You must register your owned equipment on your Club Canon account in order to enjoy the entitlement as specified in clause 5.2.
1.4 You have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these CCS Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions of Use of Club Canon Website and Club Canon Scheme.
1.5 Canon may, at its sole discretion, decide whether or not to accept your application for CCS membership without giving any reason.
2.1 To register as CCS member, you must apply by completing the CCS application form ("Application Form") that can be downloaded from and submitted through https://hk.canon/en/campaign/cp/ccs.
2.2 Upon successful verification of the ownership of your social media account(s) and approval of your application, Canon will confirm your CCS membership and send the CCS electronic membership card ("CCS Card") to the Club Canon membership account you used to apply CCS membership.
3.1 The CCS Card will at all times remain the sole and absolute property of Canon. You agree that you will:
i. keep the CCS Card safe and secure at all times and ensure that the CCS is in your possession or power;
ii. not transfer the CCS Card to any third party;
iii. promptly report any theft of the CCS Card to Canon; and
iv. destroy any CCS Card’s copies immediately upon termination of your CCS membership.
4.1 If you have successfully applied for CCS membership, the membership will commence from the date of issuance of your CCS Card and valid for 24 months from the month of commencement.
4.2 Your CCS membership will be renewed if you submit to Canon the Application Form, required documents and satisfy the criteria as mentioned in Appendix 1 before the expiry date of your current CCS membership. Canon can accept or reject your renewal application at its sole and absolute discretion without giving any reason.
4.3 Canon reserves the sole and absolute right to terminate your CCS membership at any time and with immediate effect by giving you written notice of termination without any liability or compensation to you under law or otherwise including without limitation any monetary or non-monetary compensation, damages or any type of relief if you:
i. commit a breach of these CCS Terms and Conditions or any other terms, conditions or rules which Canon shall amend or announce from time to time;
ii. provide untrue or incomplete personal information; or
iii. are considered by Canon to be suitable to be terminated under reasonable circumstances.
5.1 The benefits provided to you in respect of your CCS membership will be changed from time to time and will at all times be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Canon. You agree and acknowledge that you shall not have any right or remedy against Canon in the event Canon, for whatever reason, is unable to provide you with any particular type of benefits at any point of time. Without limiting the foregoing, the current policy of Canon is that CCS membership will provide you with benefits as listed in Appendix 1.
5.2 Only “Registered Products” that are also “Eligible Products” will be qualified for benefits of repair discount and and back up loan. "Registered Products" are any products purchased by you that list under "My Gears" in your Club Canon Account by request. You can make such request either by update to "My Gears" under your Club Canon Account or email to Canon at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Canon's customer service centre in Hong Kong. Canon will at its sole and absolute discretion to consider your request and reserve the right to require you to provide additional information. “Eligible Products” are products selected by Canon and listed in Appendix 2. Canon may from time to time amend, vary, add, delete or change the “Eligible Products” at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice to you.
5.3 You will receive invitation to event or workshop and promotional offer for equipment or servicing only if you give consent to receive direct marketing and promotional information. Enrollment of any promotions and events will be considered separately and will be subject to their terms and conditions.
5.4 If you borrow, rent or loan any equipment under CCS Scheme, you shall agree to:
i. the terms and conditions on the Loan Form or Hire of Equipment Agreement;
ii. that the selection of the suitable equipment shall be subject to its availability;
iii. make prior payment of any deposit or rental fee as Canon considers appropriate;
iv. your undertaking to return the equipment to Canon at its customer service centre within the loan period specified; and
v. Canon's rights to apply the amount of any deposit paid by you to Canon towards Canon's estimated cost of repair, cost of replacement of the equipment or rental fee(in Canon's sole determination) in the event of any damage, loss or theft of the equipment or your failure to return the equipment within the loan period specified.
6.1 The collection of personal data provided by you will be used by Canon for the purposes of:
i. verifying your entitlement to the CCS membership;
ii. maintaining Canon's records relating to you, the Registered Products and the CCS Scheme;
iii. facilitating Canon to provide you with benefits under the CCS Scheme;
iv. sending you information relevant to any Registered Products and other Canon or Canon partner's advertising and promotional materials or event;
v. determining or recovering the amounts outstanding from you to Canon (if any); and/or
vi. any purposes relating thereto.
6.2 Any change in your personal information must be promptly notified by you to Canon by updating your CCS account.
7. The benefits available to you under the CCS Scheme:
i. are personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred by you without the prior written consent of Canon;
ii. will only be provided upon the production to Canon's representatives of the CCS Card and/or such other personal identification as Canon may at its sole discretion require, and will only be provided to the individual identified by the relevant CCS Card or personal identification document so produced; and
iii. will only apply to the “Registered Products” that are also “Eligible Products” (Please refer to Clause 5.2 of this Terms & Conditions for details).
8. To the furthest extent permitted by applicable laws, Canon shall not be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise for loss (including without limitation loss of profits, business opportunities, earnings, reputation, goodwill or work), injury or damage sustained by you or your servants, agents, customers, officers, employees or representative resulting from or in connection with the CCS Scheme or the use of any benefits, services, supports or products offered by Canon under the CCS Scheme or as a result of Canon being unable or failing to provide or offer any benefit, service, support or product under the CCS Scheme on time or at all. In the event that Canon shall be liable to you under this CCS Scheme, Canon's liability shall be limited to one thousand Hong Kong Dollars (HK$1,000), or the minimum liability as required by local laws, or the amount of any membership or subscription fees which you have paid Canon for subscribing to the CCS Scheme for the particular membership term during which the relevant liability arises, whichever is the lower.
9. You irrevocably agree to fully indemnify Canon and shall hold Canon harmless at all times against all claims, proceedings, demands, actions, damages, losses and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and disbursements) made against or incurred or suffered by Canon by reason of any loss, injury or damage to any person or to any property arising directly or indirectly from the use or unable to use by you or your servants, agents, representatives, employees or any third party of any benefits, services, supports or products under or in relation to the CCS Scheme unless the claim is made against Canon as a result of the negligence of Canon or its employees or servants.
10. These CCS Terms and Conditions shall be amended from time to time at Canon's sole discretion. The prevailing CCS Terms and Conditions can be accessed by you at any time at https://hk.canon/en/campaign/cp/ccs/ccs-terms. You acknowledge and agree that the obligation falls upon you to check and revisit from time to time to familiarize yourself with the prevailing CCS Terms and Conditions and that unfamiliarity shall not be a valid defence, justification or reason in the event of any dispute or disagreement between you and Canon over any of these terms and conditions.
11. Canon reserves the right to interpret these CCS Terms and Conditions. In case of any dispute, Canon reserves the right of final decision.
12. Any failure or delay by Canon to exercise or enforce any right under these CCS Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right nor operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of it at any time or times thereafter.
13. The provisions contained in each clause of these CCS Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of these CCS Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these CCS Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
14. These CCS Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts in connection with any disputes arising from or in connection with these CCS Terms and Conditions.
15. These CCS Terms and Conditions are prepared in English and the Chinese translation is provided for reference only. In case for any inconsistency or ambiguity, the English version shall prevail.
|CCS Membership Requirement||• Active on YouTube, Instagram or Facebook, have at least 5,000 subscribers or followers in any one of the platforms
• Have published the followings in the past 12 months:
i. No less than 10 original videos ; or
ii. No less than 50 original still images. The content of the still images can be original photographs or original artworks, craftsmanship, drawings or other creative works
|Term of membership||24 months|
|Annual Membership Fee||Free of charge|
|Benefits & Services|
|Product Purchase Discount||✓|
|Product Rental Discount||
(1) Equipment Rental 20% Off
(2) Travel Equipment Rental 50% Off
|Studio Rental discount||30% Off|
|CCS Express Service Counter||✓|
|Back Up Loan||✓|
|Repair Discount||25% Off|
|Repair Shipping||Free Return Shipping|
The following products are the “Eligible Products” specified in Clause 5.2 in CCS Terms and Conditions. These products are qualified for the benefits of repair discount and back up loan.
|Digital Interchangeable Lens Camera||All EOS Digital SLR Cameras
All EOS M Digital Cameras
All EOS R Digital Cameras
|EF Lens||All EF Lenses
All EF-S Lenses
All EF-M Lenses
All RF Lenses
|Speedlite||All Speedlite Models|
|EOS Accessories||All Battery Grips
All Wireless File Transmitters
All GPS Receivers
|Compact Digital Camera||PowerShot G Series|
|Digital Camcorder||XL Series
|Cinema EOS System||All Cinema EOS cameras
All Cinema EOS lenses
|Photo Printer||PIXMA PRO professional photo printer Series|