A USB cable can be used to charge the camera`s battery.
Insert the included battery into the camera for charging.
You can use the compact power adapter, or a computer to charge the battery.
The procedure for using a USB cable to charge the included battery is explained below.
1. Slide the cover
and open it
2. Holding the battery pack with the terminals
facing as shown, press the battery lock
in the direction of the arrow and insert the battery pack until the lock clicks shut.
If you insert the battery pack facing the wrong way, it cannot be locked into the correct position. Always confirm that the battery pack is facing the right way and locks when inserted.
3. Lower the cover
and hold it down as you slide it, until it clicks into the closed position
4. With the camera turned off, open the cover
. With the smaller plug of the included interface cable in the orientation shown, insert the plug fully into the camera terminal
5. Insert the larger plug of the interface cable into the included compact power adapter, or a computer's USB terminal.
5A-1. Connect to the included compact power adapter.
5A-2. Charge the Battery pack.
CA-DC30: Flip out the plug
and plug the compact power adapter into a power outlet
CA-DC30E: Plug the power cord into the compact power adapter, and then plug the other end into a power outlet.
5B. Connect to a computer.
- For details about USB connections on the computer, refer to the computer user manual.
- The battery pack cannot be charged in some computers without the memory card. Install the memory card to the camera before connecting the USB terminal of the computer.
・Charging begins and the USB charge lamp lights up.
・The lamp turns off when charging finishes.
・Remove the compact power adapter from the power outlet and the interface cable from the camera.
- To protect the battery pack and keep it in optimal condition, do not charge it continuously for more than 24 hours.
- For battery chargers that use a power cord, do not attach the charger or cord to other objects. Doing so could result in malfunction or damage to the product.
- Charging time is approximately 3 hours.
- You can view images even while the battery is charging, by turning the camera on and entering Playback mode. However, you cannot shoot while the battery is charging. Also note that the camera cannot be used unless the battery is in it.
- Charged batteries gradually lose their charge, even when they are not used. Charge the battery on (or immediately before) the day of use.
- The compact power adapter can be used in areas with 100 – 240 V AC power (50/60 Hz). For power outlets in a different format, use a commercially available adapter for the plug. Never use an electrical transformer designed for traveling, which may damage the battery.
This concludes the steps for using a USB cable to charge the included battery.