Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Improves head detection performance to support helmets or goggles in winter sports.
2. Eliminates the center press operation of the multi-controller to prevent accidentally transferring images during FTP transfer.
3. Adds the ability, when the Rating function is assigned to the Protect/Voice memo button, for voice memos to now be recorded by pressing and holding the button.
4. Adds the ability, when using EOS Utility or Browser Remote for remote shooting with two cards inserted, to set the recording method and to select which card to be recorded to.
5. Changes the default value of [Connection option settings], [FTP transfer settings], and [Power saving] to [Disable].
6. Changes the default value of [FTP server] → [Passive mode] to [Enable].
7. Improves operation stability during FTP transfer.
8. Fixes an issue, in which noise occurs along the edges of bright subjects when using Canon Log for movie recording.
Firmware Version 1.6.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.6.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
The Applications have been updated accordingly.
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware ( 1DX30160.FIR / file size: 81,879,488 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Changes in version 1.5.0:
1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
• Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and RAW (Light) will be available in a future version of Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional software.
• Support for the processing of RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and the application of Viewing LUT will be available in a future version of Digital Photo Professional software.
2. Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added, however RAW movies and RAW(Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
3. Support for the VPG 400(Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification, has been added.
4. Fixes an issue in which there are rare instances where the shooting settings for Still Photo mode are retained when a user switches to Movie mode.
Changes in version 1.4.0:
1. Adds [RAW (Light)] to the movie recording size and [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting. These settings can also be selected when RAW+MP4 is set.
2. The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
3. Improves communication reliability when using FTP and USB simultaneously.
Changes in version 1.3.0:
1. Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
2. Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
3. Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
4. Fixes the phenomenon that may result in the occurrence of time-out under certain conditions during FTP transfer.
Changes in version 1.2.1:
1. Fixes a phenomenon, in which, after updating the camera’s firmware to version 1.2.0, the Smart Controller may respond slowly or not at all on some cameras. *)
*) The phenomenon described above may occur in cameras whose first two digits of the serial number are "01" "02" "03" or "04".
Changes in version 1.2.0:
1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
- The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
- In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
- In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
- When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved.
5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
Changes in version 1.1.0:
1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The "Browser Remote" function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to "Show" in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Hongkong Company Limited., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.