ImageBrowser EX is a new image management software program for Canon's digital cameras and digital camcorders.
This software makes managing and searching for images shot with cameras and camcorders very easy.
Please utilize the software for editing, printing and sharing images.
Changes in the ImageBrowser EX for Windows :
- Incorporates support for new models.
To use this software, your computer has to meet the following system requirements.
1. Operating System
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3
Computer running one of the above operating systems (preinstalled); Internet connection required for auto updating
- 1.6 GHz or higher
- Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or higher
Full HD models (*1)
- Camcorders: Core i5 3.0 GHz or higher
- Digital cameras: Core i7 2.8 GHz or higher
- Windows 8 / 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit): 2 GB or more
- Windows 8 / 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit): 1 GB or more
- Windows Vista (64-bit, 32-bit): 1 GB or more
- Windows XP: 512 MB or more
- 2 GB or more
Free Hard Disk Space;
- 250 MB or more (*2)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution or higher
*1 Recommended specifications for Full HD movie playback in ImageBrowser EX.
*2 Includes Silverlight 5.1 (max. 100 MB).
1. Major Functions of ImageBrowser EX
The following functions are available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Importing images from a camera* or a memory card (* Using CameraWindow DC / EOS Utility)
- Displaying images by folder
- Displaying images by shooting date/month/year
- Displaying shooting information of images
- Editing still images
- Editing movies
- Printing still images
- Uploading images to CANON iMAGE GATEWAY
- Uploading images to Facebook
- Uploading images to YouTube
- Attaching images to e-mail
2. Target images
- Images (still/movie) shot with Canon cameras (except for AVCHD movie files)
3. Differences from ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser
ImageBrowser EX can be installed simultaneously with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser. (Even if ImageBrowser EX is installed, ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser will not be uninstalled.)
It is required to connect your Canon Camera to the computer, which is connected to the Internet, using a USB cable.
Please note that the following functions available with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser are not available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Displaying images in a viewer window
- Backing up images on a CD-ROM
- Exporting images (resizing, wallpaper, screen saver, etc.)
- Changing all file names at once
1. Download "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip" from the download page.
2. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip". After decompressing the file, "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" will be created.
3. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" to display "IBX14INST.exe".
4. Double-click "IBX14INST.exe".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to perform the installation.
* The latest version will be installed using the auto-update function.
* For installation, it is required to connect the camera. By connecting the camera, appropriate functions for the camera will automatically added via the Internet.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Hong Kong Company Limited and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.