Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 incorporates the following fix and enhancements:
1. Compatible with EF Cinema Lens CN 10 x 25 IAS S/E1.
- Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added.
- Enable autofocus with Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Added support for "Dual Pixel Focus Guide" feature.
2. The ability to record XF-AVC Proxy has been added during XF-AVC recording.
3. The XF-AVC Long GOP bit rate recording mode has been added.
4. The ability to update the SDI/HDMI output from 59.94P to 29.97P (or 23.98P) has been added.
5. The ability to select "5 sec. Pre REC function" in XF-AVC recording mode has been added.
6. Improved the card file name when simultaneously recording XF-AVC or Cinema RAW Light.
7. "B&W during Magn. " menu has been added when Magnification is enabled.
8. The default value of the assign button has been changed from "Magnification: Video terminal" to "Magnification".
- Firmware version 220.127.116.11 is for updating EOS C500 Mark II cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Preparations for a firmware update:
- Please use a commercially available SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update.
- After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
- The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VPC3.FIR / file size: 76,848,000byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Camera Body EOS C500 Mark II
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Power adapter (commercially available, DC IN 12V terminal): 4-pin XLR plug (female connector), 12 V DC (acceptable range: 11.5 V to 20 V DC), 10 A (acceptable maximum load current)
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 incorporates the following fix:
1. Remote A terminal and Remote B terminal can be used simultaneously.
2. Sensor mode information can be displayed.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which, under specific conditions, high-brightness areas may appear tinted.
4. Fixes a phenomenon where the [C. Temp. Increment] setting cannot be changed.
5. Fixes a phenomenon where the SSID (stealth) setting cannot be made in a Wi-Fi connection.
6. Fixes the metadata to be recognized color profile correctly in some editing software.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Hong Kong Company Limited and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.