Canon Officially Launches RF 50mm f/1.8 STM, the Affordable Standard Prime
Compact Lens with Large Aperture Must-have Item for EOS R System Users
HONG KONG, 3 DEC 2020 – Canon Hongkong today announces the official launch of the new RF 50mm f/1.8 STM. The new RF lens has utilized the optical design benefits of the RF mount to the fullest and provided high image quality, as well as responded to EOS R system users’ preference on lightweight and compact lenses.
Affordable & Compact “Must-have” Gear for Snapshot
The RF 50mm f/1.8 STM inherits the concept of a high cost performance and light weight standard prime lens with the company’s 50mm f/1.8 feature. This new lens weighs only 160g and 40.5mm in length, and the f/1.8 large aperture offers beautiful background blur (bokeh) to images, which is perfect for portrait photography and snapshot. Besides, it offers 0.25x maximum magnification with 0.3m minimum focusing distance for close-up photography. Having the advantages brought by RF mount design, this affordable large-aperture lens can still offer high image quality, high mobility and compactness, which makes a “must-have” choice for EOS R system users.
RF 50mm f/1.8 STM – Affordable Large Aperture Standard Prime Lens
- Made for: High Amateurs and Photo Enthusiasts
- Best for: Portrait, Pets, Food and Snapshots
- An affordable compact large aperture standard lens which weighs only 160g and 40.5mm in length
- f/1.8 large aperture and 7-blade circular aperture bring beautiful background blur to images
- 0.25x max. magnification with 0.3m min. focusing distance for close-up photography
- 6 elements in 5 groups optical design newly developed for RF mount with 1 PMo aspherical lens element to achieve high level of rendering capability and compactness
- Gear-type Stepping Motor (STM) provides fast AF and Smooth Movie Servo AF during movie shooting, Full-time Manual Focus is also supported
- Incorporates “Focus/Control Ring” with a “Focus/Control Selector Switch” for easy switching between Full-time manual focusing and Control Ring operation such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed and exposure compensation adjustment
- Use of metallic lens mount for high durability
- A new optional Lens Hood ES-65B further enhances flare resistance
Suggested Retail Price
The new RF 50mm f/1.8 STM is now available for sale with a suggested retail price HK$1,680.
The accessories for RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and their suggested retail prices are as follows:
|Model||Suggested Retail Price|
|Lens Hood ES-65B||HK$280|
|43mm Protect Filter||HK$280|
|Lens Cap E-43||HK$30|
|Lens Dust Cap RF||HK$80|
|Lens Case LP1014||HK$170|
About Canon Hongkong Company Limited
Canon Inc. (TSE:7751 / NYSE:CAJ) was founded in 1937 in Japan. Its predecessor, Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory, produced Japan's first 35 mm focal-plane-shutter camera “Kwanon” in 1934. Canon Inc. eventually expanded into the photocopying and printing industries, launching Japan's first plain-paper copier NP-1100 in 1970 and the world's first inkjet printer BJ-80 in 1985. Through the years, Canon Inc. has acquired in-depth experience in digital imaging product manufacturing, and research and development. It is a leader in the development of innovative products and holds the most technology patents in the imaging industry. Canon Inc. also makes a significant contribution to the promotion of photography. Today, Canon Inc. has a strong global presence and is one of the most important market players in the imaging, office and industrial product categories. As of 31 December 2019, Canon's global revenue was US$32.7 billion.
One of the company’s first offices in Asia, Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. (Canon HK) was established in 1971. It is responsible for the sales, marketing and after-sales services for all Canon product lines in Hong Kong and Macau. With the solely owned subsidiary Canon Business Solutions (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.” established in 2018, the company can also provide intelligent total business solutions and professional services to companies in the Greater Bay Area. Canon HK adheres to Canon’s corporate philosophy of “kyosei”, which encourages the company and its staff to participate in social, charitable and environmental activities in the community. Canon HK implements internationally-recognized management systems and has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 (Canon Digital Production Center) and ISO 45001 certification. For more information about Canon HK, please visit our website: https://hk.canon/.