Canon Unveils New Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT(Ver.2)
Comprehensive Support for the Wireless Flash Functions on Professional Flagship Speedlite EL-1
HONG KONG, 4 FEB 2021 – Canon Hongkong today announced the new Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT(Ver.2) will be launching in mid-2021. Offering greater flexibility in lighting for professional photographers or advanced photo amateurs, the new ST-E3-RT(Ver.2) is a compact 2.4GHz radio transmission wireless flash sender control with updated functions. Being compatible with the new flagship Speedlite EL-1, the users are able to sync the EL-1 with other Canon Speedlites via the new transmitter.
The new Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT(Ver.2) equips you with 3 newly-added functions, included the supporting wireless second-curtain sync with all Speedlite models featuring Radio Transmission2, supporting the FE (Flash Exposure)1 memory function and also the 1/8192 micro flash with Speedlite EL-1. The existing functions of predecessor are also kept for more convenient and comprehensive user experience.
Besides, the firmware update for existing Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT to include new functions will be available from May 2021 .
Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT(Ver.2)
Made for: Professional photographers and advanced photo amateurs
- Compact 2.4GHz radio transmission wireless flash Sender control with updated functions
- Newly supports wireless second-curtain sync with all Speedlite models featuring Radio Transmission
- Newly supports the FE (Flash Exposure) memory function11
- Newly supports the 1/8192 micro flash with Speedlite EL-1
- Firmware update for existing Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT to include new functions will be available from May 2021
- Supports E-TTL II / E-TTL autoflash, Auto External Flash Metering, Manual Flash and Stroboscopic Flash
- 15-channels with 10000 radio transmission ID to minimize interference
- Maximum radio transmission distance of 30m in all direction and controls up to 5 groups and 15 receiver units
- Supports Linked shooting and remote release function58
- Large Dot-Matrix LCD panel to display flash settings information
- High Strength Metal mounting foot
- Proven quick locking mechanism with “dust wipe mechanism” and “variable contact pressure” designImplements 2-line transmission for important signals transmission
- Dust and water resistance equivalent to EOS-1D Series cameras
Suggested Retail Price : To be announced
Estimated Sale Start Date : June 2021
 Applicable to EOS digital cameras that support wireless second-curtain sync. As of February 2021, the compatible models are EOS-1D X Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS M50 Mark II (must be upgraded to firmware that supports Speedlite EL-1).
 Applicable to all Speedlite models featuring Radio Transmission including Speedlite EL-1, 600EX II-RT, 600EX-RT and 430EX III-RT (as of February 2021).
 Firmware must be updated at Canon Customer Service Center, details to be announced.
 Applicable to EOS digital cameras released from 2012 and onwards (except EOS 60Da).
 Requires EOS digital cameras released from 2012 onwards (except EOS 60Da/1500D/1300D/1200D/3000D) with Speedlite EL-1, 600EX II-RT, 600EX-RT, 430EX III-RT or ST-E3-RT attached.
 Not recommended to use in the rain.
About Canon Hongkong Company Limited
Canon Inc. (TSE:7751 / NYSE:CAJ) was founded in 1937 in Japan. Its predecessor, Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory, produced Japan's first 35 mm focal-plane-shutter camera “Kwanon” in 1934. Canon Inc. eventually expanded into the photocopying and printing industries, launching Japan's first plain-paper copier NP-1100 in 1970 and the world's first inkjet printer BJ-80 in 1985. Through the years, Canon Inc. has acquired in-depth experience in digital imaging product manufacturing, and research and development. It is a leader in the development of innovative products and holds the most technology patents in the imaging industry. Canon Inc. also makes a significant contribution to the promotion of photography. Today, Canon Inc. has a strong global presence and is one of the most important market players in the imaging, office and industrial product categories. As of 31 December 2019, Canon's global revenue was US$32.7 billion.
One of the company’s first offices in Asia, Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. (Canon HK) was established in 1971. It is responsible for the sales, marketing and after-sales services for all Canon product lines in Hong Kong and Macau. With the solely owned subsidiary Canon Business Solutions (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.” established in 2018, the company can also provide intelligent total business solutions and professional services to companies in the Greater Bay Area. Canon HK adheres to Canon’s corporate philosophy of “kyosei”, which encourages the company and its staff to participate in social, charitable and environmental activities in the community. Canon HK implements internationally-recognized management systems and has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 (Canon Digital Production Center) and OHSAS 18001 certification. For more information about Canon Hongkong, please visit our website: https://hk.canon/.