Canon Announces the Launch of the New 4K HDR Professional Reference Display DP-V1830
HONG KONG, 1st December,2021 — Canon announces the launch of the New 4K HDR Professional Reference Display DP-V1830. We extends its professional reference display line-up with the launch of the new model DP-V1830 — an 18”, 4K HDR professional grade display. Inheriting the stunning performance of current models with high luminance, deep black levels, wide color gamut and viewing angle, this added HDR display with rack mount compatibility serves as an enhanced replacement of existing FHD/ 4K models.
Featuring all-white peak luminance of 1000 cd/m² and all-black luminance of 0.001 cd/m², DP-V1830 allows high contrast and faithful color reproduction for use on-set, live broadcasting, and studio editing. Along with image confirmation for 4K HDR/2K SDR production and innovations in the high-res engine, high-precision algorithm, and panel/backlight system, the device offers greater fidelity in image quality, ensuring true-to-life imaging production. Compliant with HDR standards plus enhanced performance and extensive functionality and operability, DP-V1830 is Canon’s proof of its ability to support efficient 4K production workflows for various market needs.
Main Product Features of 4K HDR Professional Reference Display DP-V1830
- 18.4-inch 4K UHD (3840x2160 pixel) HDR anti-glare LCD panel, compliant with Dolby Vision certification criteria
- 1,000 nit high luminance (Peak / Full white) and 1,000,000 : 1 high contrast ratio for HDR production workflow
- Wide viewing angle of 89 degrees in each direction from the top, bottom, left and right
- Compact and lightweight body (7.5kg). Equips with rugged metal body and carrying handle for on-location use; and compatible to EIS 19" rack mount
- HDR monitoring assist functions including Waveform monitor, False color, Range check, Pixel value check and Compare view, etc
- HDR display mode supports PQ and HLG (ITU-R BT.2100 / SMPTE ST 2084) standard which encompasses wide dynamic range
- Faithful color reproduction, compliance with industry standard including ITU-R BT.2020, ITU-R BT.709, DCI-P3 and ACESproxy
- Support Canon Log, Log 2, Log 3 and several other brands' camera LUT
- Able to display Cinema EOS, ARRI and Panasonic camera metadata and automatically change the display’s picture settings based on the metadata
- Remote control through LAN / GPI connection
- 12G-SDI input x 4 and output x 4, support 4K / 8K 60P signal input
About Canon Hongkong Company Limited
Canon Inc. (TSE:7751 / NYSE:CAJ) was founded in 1937 in Japan. Its predecessor, Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory, produced Japan's first 35 mm focal-plane-shutter camera “Kwanon” in 1934. Canon Inc. eventually expanded into the photocopying and printing industries, launching Japan's first plain-paper copier NP-1100 in 1970 and the world's first inkjet printer BJ-80 in 1985. Through the years, Canon Inc. has acquired in-depth experience in digital imaging product manufacturing, and research and development. It is a leader in the development of innovative products and holds the most technology patents in the imaging industry. Canon Inc. also makes a significant contribution to the promotion of photography. Today, Canon Inc. has a strong global presence and is one of the most important market players in the imaging, office and industrial product categories. As of 31 December 2020, Canon's global revenue was US$30.38 billion.
One of the company’s first offices in Asia, Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. (Canon HK) was established in 1971. It is a Total Imaging Solution provider, to provide professional pre-sales, marketing and after-sales services for all Canon products and solutions in Hong Kong and Macau. With the solely owned subsidiary Canon Business Solutions (Guangdong) Co., Ltd. established in 2018, the company also provides intelligent total business solutions and professional services to companies in the Greater Bay Area. Canon HK adheres to Canon’s corporate philosophy of “kyosei”, which encourages the company and its staff to participate in social, charitable and environmental activities in the community. Canon HK implements internationally-recognized management systems and has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 (Canon Digital Production Center) certifications.
For more information about Canon Hongkong, please visit our website: https://hk.canon/.