Canon Launches the New PowerShot G-Series Digital Compact Cameras
and All-In-One Full Frame 10x High-Power Zoom RF Lens
Innovative Imaging Technologies Bring Enhanced Shooting Experiences
HONG KONG, 9 Jul 2019 — Canon Hongkong today announces the launch of new PowerShot G-series and RF Lens that offer enhanced shooting experience for photo amateurs and active social media users.
PowerShot G5 X Mark II
PowerShot G7 X Mark III
RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM
The new PowerShot G5 X Mark II and G7 X Mark III digital compact cameras both feature a new 1”-type Stacked CMOS image sensor and the latest DIGIC 8 digital imaging processor for capturing even higher quality images and 4K 30p UHD movies with no cropping.
The PowerShot G5X Mark II, a perfect pocket camera for advanced photo lovers, is equipped with a newly designed 24-120mm f/1.8-2.8 fast 5x zoom lens, 30FPS high speed raw continuous shooting and pop-up EVF to deliver user-friendly shooting experience and high imaging quality.
The PowerShot G7 X Mark III, on the other hand, is designed with Social Media creations in mind. Not only it is the world’s first digital compact camera to support YouTube Live Streaming Service, videos taken in vertical orientation with PowerShot G7 X Mark III can now be played back vertically in supported social media too. Active social media users will find it a perfect camera for creating high quality photos, videos and VLOGs anywhere and anytime. When paring up with the new Tripod Grip HG100-TBR, the vlogging experience of PowerShot G7 X Mark III will be further enhanced where video control such as recording and zoom operarion can be done effortlessly right on the grip with just one hand.
The highly anticipated RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM is a perfect travel companion for EOS R and EOS RP users. This RF lens is a versatile and all-purpose Full-frame lens with 10x high-power zoom offering a broad range of focal lengths from 24mm wide angle to 240mm telephoto. It is designed for photo amateurs for capturing extraordinary shots without the need to carry of extra lenses. The new optical design takes full advantages of short back focus distance and large diameter of the RF lens mount, exceptional image quality and high resolution throughout the entire zoom range are achieved while keeping the lens in a compact form factor, which weights 750g only. A lens kit set of EOS RP with RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM, a perfect and compact Full-frame travel combo whihc weight just 1,235g, will also be available later.
PowerShot G5 X Mark II – Pocket Camera with f/1.8-2.8 Fast 5x Zoom Lens, 30FPS High Speed RAW Continuous Shooting and Pop-up EVF
Best for: Advanced Photo Amateurs who need high image quality pocket camera for daily use or as sub camera
Photo Topic: Portrait, landscape, travel and urban snapshots
- Newly developed compact 24-120mm f/1.8-2.8 fast 5x optical zoom lens with optical image stabilizer (IS) and built-in ND filter to suit variety of shooting topics including landscapes, portraits and daily snapshots
- Equipped with 1”-type 20.1-megapixel Stacked CMOS image sensor and latest DIGIC 8 digital imaging processor to support up to 1/25600 sec high shutter speed and ISO 25600
- New Pop-up 0.39” 2.36M-dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder for comfortable shooting in bright outdoors
- New 30FPS ，ultra high-speed RAW Burst mode with 0.5 sec Pre-shooting feature for moments that are difficult to predict
- Adopts latest CR3 RAW and C-RAW format with built-in RAW processing function
- Incorporates the new “Focus Bracketing” function to automatically shoot a series of photos with different focus positions. Suitable for landscape, macro and product photography
- Panoramic Shot mode for easy shooting of panorama photos by simple panning; Star Nightscape, Star Trails, Star Portrait and 4K Star Time-Lapses Movie modes are supported
- Supports 4K 30p UHD movie shooting with no cropping and “4K Frame Grab” function
- Built-in with Bluetooth® low energy technology and Wi-Fi to connect smartphones easily
- Power supply and battery charging via USB Type-C port is supported for convenient charging during trip
Estimated Retail Price : HK$6,380
Estimated Sales Start Date : August 2019
PowerShot G7 X Mark III – Compact Camera Designed for Social Media with f/1.8-2.8 Fast 4.2x Zoom Lens, High Quality YouTube Live Streaming Service and 4K Vertical orientation movie
Best for: Active social media users (YouTubers and Vloggers) who need high image quality photos, VLOG shooting and live streaming in compact form factor
Photo Topic: Daily life, food, landscape and travel photos for social media, VLOG and live streaming
- 24-100mm  f/1.8-2.8 fast 4.2x optical zoom lens with optical image stabilizer (IS) and built-in ND filter for shooting under low light or bright condition
- Equipped with 1”-type 20.1-megapixel Stacked CMOS image sensor and latest DIGIC 8 digital imaging processor to support 4K 30p UHD movie shooting with no cropping
- Supports variety of movie modes including 4K Time-Lapes movies, HDR movies and Full HD 120p high frame movies
- The world’s 1st compact camera to support YouTube Live Streaming Service to fulfill the need of high quality and easy live streaming
- Supports Digital 5-axis IS, Dynamic IS and Auto Level function even in 4K UHD movie for steady handheld VLOG shooting
- Videos shoot in vertical orientation can now be played back in vertical orientation automatically on smartphones or compatible SNS
- Supports external 3.5mm microphone input for clear sound recording during vlogging or live streaming
- 3-inch 1.04M-dot vari-angle touch LCD for easy selfie or vlogging
- Built-in with Bluetooth® low energy technology and Wi-Fi to connect smartphones easily
- New 30 FPS ultra high-speed RAW Burst mode with 0.5 sec Pre-shooting features and up to 1/25600 sec high shutter speed for capturing the moments that are difficult to predict
- Power supply and battery charging via USB Type-C port is supported for prolonged video shooting or live streaming
- Use with new Tripod Grip HG100-TBR for easy Selfie movie shooting and remote movie shooting
Estimated Retail Price : HK$5,380
Estimated Sales Start Date : August 2019
Tripod Grip HG100-TBR – A Compact Tripod Grip with Wireless Control for Vlogging
Best for: Social Media active users with PowerShot G-series or EOS M Mirrorless Camera
Usage: Vlogging, selfie and remote shooting
- A stick-type grip for stable handheld VLOG and selfie shooting with just one hand, also convertible to a mini-tripod for remote shooting
- Wireless Remote Controller BR-E1 is included and can be attached/detached for wireless control such as start/stop recording and zoom operation  right on the grip or from a distance
- Microphone attachment is included for attaching the Directional Microphone DM-E1 (sold separately) on the tripod grip
- Suitable for PowerShot Digital Compact Cameras or EOS M Mirrorless Cameras
Estimated Retail Price : to be announced
Estimated Sales Start Date : to be announced
RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM – All-Purpose Full-frame Travel Lens with 10x High-Power Zoom and Exceptional Image Quality
Best for: Photo amateurs who enjoy travel
Photo Topic: Travel, Landscape and snapshots
- A 10x high-power zoom and compact Full-frame RF lens with 24mm wide-angle to capture every scene near or far for travel photography
- Compact and lightweight design which weights 750g only
- Newly developed 21 elements in 15 groups optical design which takes the full advantages of short back focus distance and large diameter of the RF lens mount to achieve high image quality in a compact form factor
- High resolution from the screen center to the periphery throughout the entire zoom range by the use of 1 PMo aspherical lens element to correct spherical aberration and curvature of field as well as 2 UD lens elements to reduce axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification
- Equipped with Nano USM technology and a rear focus system to provide high-speed, high accuracy and nearly silent AF for still images and videos
- Image Stabilizer offers up to 5-stop shake compensation to facilitate handheld shooting
- First Canon Full-frame lens to support Dynamic IS that provides steady handheld movie shooting while walking
- 0.26x maximum magnification (at 240mm) with 0.5m (wide-end)/0.78m (tele-end) minimum focusing distance
- 7-blade circular aperture delivers beautiful background blur
- Incorporates a new “Focus/Control Ring” with a “Focus/Control Selector Switch” for easy switching between Full-time manual focusing and Control Ring operation such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed and exposure compensation adjustment
- A zoom ring lock is included to prevent unintentional lens extending
- New petal-type Lens Hood EW-78F (optional) further enhances flare resistance
Estimated Retail Price of RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM : HK$7,480
Estimated Retail Price of EOS RP with RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Kit Set : HK$17,360
Estimated Sales Start Date : September 2019
* When this lens is used on EOS R or EOS RP, the lens distortion correction on the camera is automatically set to [Enable]. A compatible version of camera firmware will be available to download from Canon website later.
About Canon Hongkong Company Limited
Canon Inc. (TSE:7751 / NYSE:CAJ) was founded in 1937 in Japan. Its predecessor, Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory, produced Japan's first 35 mm focal-plane-shutter camera “Kwanon” in 1934. Canon Inc. eventually expanded into the photocopying and printing industries, launching Japan's first plain-paper copier NP-1100 in 1970 and the world's first inkjet printer BJ-80 in 1985. Through the years, Canon Inc. has acquired in-depth experience in digital imaging product manufacturing, and research and development. It is a leader in the development of innovative products and holds the most technology patents in the imaging industry. Canon Inc. also makes a significant contribution to the promotion of photography. Today, Canon Inc. has a strong global presence and is one of the most important market players in the imaging, office and industrial product categories. As of 31 December 2018, Canon's global revenue was US$35.6 billion.
One of the company’s first offices in Asia, Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. (CHK) was established in 1971. It is responsible for the sales, marketing and after-sales services for all Canon product lines in Hong Kong and Macau. With the solely owned subsidiary Canon Business Solutions (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.” established in 2018, the company can also provide intelligent total business solutions and professional services to companies in the Greater Bay Area. CHK adheres to Canon’s corporate philosophy of “kyosei”, which encourages the company and its staff to participate in social, charitable and environmental activities in the community. CHK implements internationally-recognized management systems and has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 (Canon Digital Production Center) and OHSAS 18001 certification. For more information about Canon Hongkong, please visit our website: https://hk.canon/.
 35mm format equivalent.
 With One Shot AF, AF and AE are locked after the first shot and electronic shutter will be used. Maximum of approximately 70 frames. Max. 20 FPS in high-speed continuous shooting mode and max. 8 FPS continuous shooting speed with SERVO AF.
 For a digital camera with integrated optical zoom lens (As of July 9, 2019. Canon survey). To use the live streaming service, registration on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY is needed in advance. Live streaming on YouTube may change, stop, or terminate without notice. Please note in advance that Canon does not assume any responsibilities for services provided by third parties, including live streaming on YouTube. Movies will not be recorded on the camera.
 File size approx. 40% smaller than normal RAW.
 Focus stacking in Digital Photo Professional or other imaging software is needed to create an image with focus over a wide range of depth.
 There is a restriction on the angle of view when the Auto level compensation or IS setting is turned on.
 Frame Grab from Full HD/HD movies is not possible. As movie frames are saved as still images, image quality is not equivalent to normal still images. Aspect ratio is 16:9.
 Camera Connect must be installed. Establishing pairing beforehand between the camera and smartphone is required. Both camera and smartphone have to be within a certain distance. For Android, Android 5.0 (or later) and Bluetooth 4.0 (or later) are required. For iOS, Bluetooth 4.0 (or later) is required. In remote shooting and Image viewing mode, connection will be switched from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi connection. While Wi-Fi connection is established, GPS data cannot be renewed.
 Rotate information will be added to the movie and this function may be limited depending on the application specifications on the device. Vertical orientation playback is not possible on the camera.
 With One Shot AF, AF and AE are locked after the first shot and electronic shutter will be used. Maximum of approximately 70 frames. Max. 20 FPS in high-speed continuous shooting mode and max. 8.3 FPS continuous shooting speed with SERVO AF.
 Pairing between BR-E1 and a compatible Canon camera beforehand is required. Both BR-E1 and camera have to be within a certain distance. As of 9th July 2019, Canon digital compact cameras supporting wireless zoom operation through BR-E1: PowerShot G5 X Mark II and G7 X Mark III
 CIPA Standard, Focal Length: 240mm, EOS R is used.